The Alliance Incubator is designed to accelerate the growth and role of serious and ambitious road safety NGOs through an array of support resources and services that could include small grants, coaching and networking connections. The Alliance Incubator is being piloted in 2021 with up to 20 NGOs for a 12 month program.
Objective of the Alliance Incubator
The objective of the Alliance Incubator is to support NGOs growth and to deliver effective and efficient road safety interventions that aim at contributing to the halving the number of deaths and serious injuries by 2030.
What the Alliance Incubator offers
Successful NGOs will be provided with tailored on-line training, coaching and mentorship based on their areas of growth they identify. It will include a possibility of applying for grants of between US$3000-US$8,000, which will be available against a justified budget.
Eligibility for the Incubator
Applicants must be:
Proposed activities must demonstrate:
- Alignment to the 12 Voluntary Targets and SDGs, and the ultimate aim to contributing to halving the number of road deaths and fatalities by 2030
- Not solely reliant on the potential of an Alliance grant
- Advocacy component that aims to achieve national/regional/local authorities’ commitment for concrete actions
- Sustainability with a plan for continuation at the end of the Alliance Incubator period
- That the NGO wishes to grow through the Incubator program. Applications should showcase ambition and ownership over own growth
- Optional: Potential to work in collaboration with other stakeholders/sectors, and not only with the road safety community
- Geographical diversity: the Alliance will ensure a spread of grants in different regions and countries
- Priority will be given to scalability in low- and middle-income countries
- Priority will be given to NGOs applying together as coalitions
Alliance members can apply for the Alliance either as individual organizations or as coalitions with other Alliance members.
Applications from coalitions of member NGOs will be prioritized.
Coalitions should decide which will be the lead NGO before submitting their expression of interest.
Characteristics of an Alliance Incubator Organization
- take responsibility for their own growth
- are ambitious and serious
- set targets for their growth and what they want to achieve
- present an expression of interest that includes planned core activity and integration of those core activities into upcoming campaigns/events: a) UN Global Road Safety b) #CommitToAct c) Heads of State Meeting 2022
- Applicants can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) from 25 November 2020 – 8 December 2020
- The deadline is 8 December 2020 Midnight CET: LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Applicants will be shortlisted and interviewed during the application period, so please don’t wait until the deadline date to submit your application
- Make sure that you read the full CONCEPT NOTE before you start
- THIS OPPORTUNITY IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO ALLIANCE MEMBERS