Guidelines for a Good Conference Poster
Presenting a poster at a conference is a great opportunity to showcase your organization’s expertise and experience. Make sure you maximize impact by showing your work at its best.
- Check any guidelines or requirements set by the conference organizers e.g. size of poster, what to include, etc.
- Select your content carefully—does it show your organization at its best?
- Think about the audience—who are they and what will interest them? Are they interested in people and stories or graphs and statistics?
- Remember to include:
- Your organization’s name and logo
- Make sure that your title stands out (for example: in bold, larger font)
- Keep text to a minimum: bullets points and short phrases not long sentences
- Use color
- Break up text sections with pictures or graphs
- Get someone else to proofread your poster—new eyes will see things you have missed
- Print your poster on one sheet of paper not several A4 or A3 sheets stuck together