Round the World Roundtable Toolkit Part 1: English
The Round the World Roundtables are part of the Alliance’s #CommitToAct campaign. #CommitToAct continues the theme of leadership from the UN Global Road Safety #SpeakUp campaign. It calls for national and local government leaders to COMMIT to meaningful road safety actions and ACT on their commitments. Read more about #CommitToAct HERE.
The Round the World Roundtables are one element of this campaign. NGOs will work with their authorities to formulate commitments using SMART targets and track the progress to make sure that they are put into action.
We hope that many Alliance members will run Round the World Roundtables, but it is a big undertaking. Commitments generated from the roundtables will, in most cases, be the result of ongoing discussions that you are already having with your authorities.
This toolkit is in three steps:
- Step One: Decide if you are ready to run a Round the World Roundtable
- Step Two: Get in touch with us
- Step Three: Plan, execute and track your event (available by request)
Got questions? Read our FAQ.
Step One: Decide if you are ready to run a Round the World Roundtable
- Webinar: Valeria Motta explains the roundtables in this short webinar
- Checklist: Listened to the webinar? Use this checklist to see if you are ready to run a Round the World Roundtable.
- Terms of Reference: An overview of the Round the World Roundtables, the roles and responsibilities.
- Join a briefing session: Sign up to join one of our briefing sessions for the Round the World Roundtables.
Step Two: Get in touch with us
If you think you could run a Round the World Roundtable, please get in touch to tell us about your commitment, discuss the branding materials, and commitment tracking. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to sign up for a briefing session.