Global Meeting Photo Exhibition Terms of Reference
The Sixth Global Meeting of NGOs Advocating for Road Safety and Road Victims will feature a photo exhibition held 12–13 April 2019. Entries are welcomed from all of our member organizations.
Subject: Road Safety: “From Global Commitment to Local Action”
Rules of Participation:
- Only voting member organizations of the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety can participate in the photo exhibition.
- Not all entries will be exhibited and a selection committee will select the entries to be exhibited.
- Each entry may consist of up to three photos telling a story related to the topic, and a short description (up to 500 characters) to accompany each photo.
- Both black and white and color photographs will be accepted (vertical or horizontal framing).
- The Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety will only accept digital submissions at this point. Please fill out the submissions form HERE and upload your Photo(s) using Google Drive. The deadline for submissions is 5 March 2019.
- All information required in the application form should be completed.
- Each participating organization shall accept, declare, and commit that the photos belong to them and all the relevant permissions are granted. The Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety does not take any responsibility regarding the Photo(s) of participating organizations.
- The participating organization hereby agrees that:
- It is the copyright holder of the Photo(s) or has the specific right to distribute the Photo(s) and to agree to a non-exclusive release of the Photo(s) on behalf of the copyright holder.
- Each organization is responsible for including any information related to the photographer in their submission form if a special mention must be included.
- By submitting a Photo(s), the photographer and participating organization grant the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety a non-exclusive license to publish, share or redistribute the Photo(s) at the Sixth Global Meeting of NGOs Advocating for Road Safety and Road Victims for the duration of the exhibition commencing on 12 April 2019 and finishing on 13 April 2019 at the Arsenali, Chania, Crete, Greece. Moreover, the photographer and participating organization also grant the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety permission to use the photographs for non-commercial purposes in its websites, digital platforms, and all related printed material by Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety.
- The Photo(s) must be HD quality in JPEG (.jpg) format up to 4500 pixels on the longer size. This quality and pixel size are can be produced by any modern digital camera and most recent smartphones. Where more than one photo is submitted for an entry, each photo must be separate. Each photo must have an accompanying text story and the name of the photographer and member organization of the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety.
- If the Photo(s) does not meet these requirements or contains material that is libelous, obscene, plagiarized, or, in any other way, unlawful, the Photo(s) will not be considered for the exhibition.
- The Photo(s) should be sent without passé partout and without margin. Any intervention except basic color / light arrangements and simple cleaning applications shall not be accepted.
For reasons of confidentiality and limited resources, the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety cannot give out personal information regarding our selected photos or photographers, nor can we enter into correspondence regarding any decision made about our selection.